8.29.2009

"You Got a Boyfriend?"

I think it's about time I share an important announcement with you all: I have a new boyfriend.

He's smart, funny, and generally adorable. He's also 7.

It all started last Sunday when he asked me, "You got a boyfriend?"

Me: "I don't have a boyfriend. Boys have cooties."

Him: "Naw, you'se gotta have a boyfriend. He in jail, huh?"

Me: "No, really, I don't."

Him: "Well, can I be him?"

Me: "You got it."

Only thing is, I can't remember his name, which may set the relationship off to a rocky start. Fortunately, all hope is not lost: another boy predicted I would be married by next week. Stay tuned for further updates.

4 comments:

  1. There is some lame joke built out of "your men" and "careless", but I'm not the cad who'd make it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You probably could be married by next week if you said you were in the market. Not to me, of course, my wife wouldn't believe a sudden change to being Mormon and I'm not sure you'd like the sudden change to rural poverty and living with a couple of cranky old folks. Still, pretty, smart, a sense of humor. If you can cook you'll have the Georgia Bubbas lined up in the yard in twos and threes and the neighbors all enjoying the frequent fistfights over a place in line. Why it might even bring a family or two out of poverty, they could sell sodas and sammiches to the crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzanna, you’re now living in what I suspect is a dangerous environment. I’m pleased that you have a little boyfriend even though you can’t recall his name, but at the same time I’m concerned about your personal safety and that of your worldly possessions, including your vehicle, which might be stolen or damaged.

    I might be less concerned if you posted on a more frequent basis telling us how things are going with you and your mission.

    May our God watch over, guide, and protect you is my prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous17.9.09

    If it's that easy, can I be your boyfriend?

    ReplyDelete