6.20.2009

Pray for Me

Hi y'all,
This a personal request for prayer. Mostly that I don't kill myself in the next 24-hours or end up bald from having pulled out all of my hair. Without indulging my hyperbolic tendencies, I can say I'm more stressed right now than I've been in all my 23 years ... combined.

So, why in the heck am I blogging, you ask? Great question. Darned if I know. Maybe I'm just a sucker for punishment so I'm wasting precious minutes procastinating. Maybe there's something cathartic about getting all down in writing. Or, maybe I just feel like whining. Take your pick.

I've been getting ready to move out of my apartment, packing up 23-years worth of crap (excuse my french, but sometimes there are no other words...actually, there are, but I dont use that kind of language anymore) and trying to figure out how to spread it across four states.

I am making a cross-country move back to California for a month, which I'm driving by myself from Alabama. Some of my things are going to Arkansas, where I'll be stopping to see family, some of it will stay in Birmingham with friends, some will go back to CA with my parents, and some of it will need to go to Atlanta where I'll be working with the urban ministry beginning in August. I was set to leave next Saturday.

All of this was overwhelming enough, until my 92-year-old grandma's funeral was added to the mix. She passed away yesterday to be with Jesus, so now rather than leaving next Saturday, I'm trying to get my apartment packed up and ready for inspection so I can get my $1200 deposit back by ... tomorrow.

Last-minute tickets are so dang expensive so I need to be out of here tomorrow so I can head to Arkansas and drive up to my grandma's funeral in Pennsylvania with my sister on Monday. All of that will save me about $500, but it's also costing me an entire week of packing time .... and my sanity. Part of me wonders if it's worth it, and the other (cheap) side of me knows it is.

So, all of this to say... HELP.

Prayers are awesome. I know they work. And, I need as many as I can get right now. Peace in the midst of the storm, a supernatural burst of energy, 16-extra hours in my day are all good ones.

Thanks to you all.

6 comments:

  1. Whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it.

    May God bless you, give you peace and guide your way in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My prayers and sincere condolences will be with you during these trying times, but more importantly your faith with will sustain you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your prayers are with us!

    You may try to submit your prayer at http://holylandprayer.com. Our mother was very sick and we submitted a prayer request to the Church of the Holy Sepulcher. This is the church where Jesus was crucified and resurrected. It's an important place for all of us.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My prayers are with you as well.

    God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's only stuff.

    This too will pass. The Lord never gives us more than we can handle. My condolences on the loss of your grandmother.

    And please drive safely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. God bless. Our prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete