5.06.2009

Pig Bladder Grows Back Man's Finger

That's right. Apparently, pigs are good for something other than pulled pork and swine flu, afterall. "Pig powder" applied to a man's severed finger grew it back completely in just four weeks:

Lee Spievack, of Cincinnati, who sliced almost half an inch off the top of his finger described the powder as “pixie dust..."

The “pixie dust” is actually extra-cellular matrix, bursting with collagen and is made from a dried pig’s bladder...

"Extra-cellular matrix" sounds super, high-tech and all, but I have a feeling Tinkerbell may have had something to do with this.

4 comments:

  1. MrsLick6.5.09

    Im going to assume that you have posted a few blogs about pigs over the last few weeks because you miss me, and you know my love of them : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7.5.09

    Bacon. Pigs are good for bacon...and pork sausage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate the nods, and all, but I, like Anonymous up there, agree that you left out the best thing about pigs... BACON!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favorite scenes from The Simpsons..

    Lisa: No I can't! I can't eat any of them!
    Homer: Wait a minute wait a minute wait a minute. Lisa honey, are you
    saying you're *never* going to eat any animal again? What about
    bacon?
    Lisa: No.
    Homer: Ham?
    Lisa: No.
    Homer: Pork chops?
    Lisa: Dad! Those all come from the same animal!
    Homer: [Chuckles] Yeah, right Lisa. A wonderful, magical animal.

    ReplyDelete