5.08.2009

Kitty Cats, Puppy Dogs, and Me: Oh My!

Ever since I was a little girl, I've loved animals more than most people. And, I don't mean that I like animals more than your average person; I mean that I've liked the animals in my life generally more than I've liked the people in my life.

Much like every other kid who wasn't going to be a doctor or a fireman, I was going to be a veterinarian. Much unlike every other kid, I would sob at the sight of roadkill and carry my goldfish Silver (I know what you're thinking. Yes, I was an exceptionally creative child. Also exceptionally colorblind.) around in his bowl in case God decided to take me home. As the reasoning process of a four-year-old goes, if I went and I was holding my fish, he would go with me. Things got even more interesting when we added a cat and cocker spaniel to the mix. But I digress.

The point is I love animals, and that I just came across a super simple way to help them. By clicking on the link below you can help feed rescued animals. The sponsors record the number of clicks and donate food to rescue shelters accordingly. Just today, nearly 300,000 bowls of food were donated!

Click this link, The Animal Rescue Site, then click the purple button. Pretty please? It's for the furries!

If you don't, my sweet little Havanese, Buddy, who normally looks like this:

Will turn into this and hunt you down:

5 comments:

  1. "...if I went and I was holding my fish, he would go with me."

    Hold it. You mean that ISN'T TRUE?
    My worldview is shattering slowly and quietly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love animals. Our cat Cassatt is now 13 and still hunting birds. Our dog, Picasso, passed away a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too share a love for animals. Everytime the Habitat For Humanity commercial comes on I tear up. Animals, unlike people, don't have a voice to stand up with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! These are darling pets. I have three cats and a dog. We had five cats but two died last year - old age - If I could, I would adopt and adopt! I love the name of your blog. So clever...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous15.5.09

    Sue I absolutely love the pic of you with the cat. Its so sweet! Who's cat?

    On a less sappy note, I had to close this and walk away- literally. I was laughing uncontrollably and my coworkers were starting to wonder. My endorphins- and my abs- thank you. Still smiling :)

    Christy

    ReplyDelete