4.27.2009

Out of This World

I'm not the science-sort. (Disecting that pig sophomore year and nearly fainting turned me off to it. It has not, however, compromised my appreciation for bacon.) Still, I think these photos are neat.

Crown of Thorns, via Fox News.


Giant Hand, via Fox News.


Now, I'm also not one to go in for the a-woman-wanted-cheese-toast-and-found-Jesus-instead sorta thing. But the photos (of outerspace not the cheese toast) give you the feeling that Someone is out there. Kind of makes me wonder if I should delete that Playboy cover of Ann Coulter. I wouldn't want Him to see that either.

For an almost-unbelievable photo of the heavenlies, see Pundit and Pundette’s Nasa image of saturn.

5 comments:

  1. VERY cool. Hard to believe.

    Agreed on the guilt. However, I'm not sure even God reads my blog, so MY Rule 5 Sunday posts will continue to be mixed in with posts on liberty, religion and you...

    WJP

    ReplyDelete
  2. A space fanatic like myself loves these images. Is it me or is the Hand image conjuring up a giant lightning bolt? Just sayin'.

    Sean~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I check out the "APOD" site each day. It's nearly always amazing.

    http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/archivepix.html

    Boston Globe's "Big Picture" recently did a series of Saturn pics:

    http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2009/04/cassinis_continued_mission.html

    And last December even did an Advent Calendar:

    http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2008/12/hubble_space_telescope_advent.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome photos, love em!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous29.4.09

    Nature always points us toward God, never away from Him. Reminds me of Isaiah 40:15- Behold, the nations are like a drop from a bucket, and are regarded as a speck of dust on the scales; behold, He lifts up the islands like fine dust. (NASB)

    Christy

    ReplyDelete