4.21.2009

Get Rich or Die Bloggin'

Want to get rich quick and immunize yourself against a case of the "poverties" going around these days? Start a blog.

Or, so goes the sound (riiiiight) advice of the Wall Street Journal.

The WSJ reports that "Bloggers can get $75 to $200 for a good post..."

As bloggers everywhere have been noting, this is crap. Oh, in addition to those six, there's him, too: Add my name to the list of bloggers laughing sourly on this nonsense from the WSJ.

I haven't had time to laugh yet. I've been too busy doing the math. Assuming that only half of my 44 posts have been good (a generous estimate, I know), I'm already behind between $1,650 and $4,400 in just a six weeks!

But, don't worry, you can help restore my faith in the WSJ--and the generosity of mankind. How? The donate button's on your right.

Once you get the hang of using mine, you can help fund the research of bacon-flavored vodka, feed a starving family of eight, or fund a brilliant blogger's new laptop fund.

Of course, unlike LMA, RSM, and Moe any money donated to me, isn't really for me: it's for the children. (In all seriousness, 2o people giving $5 would pay for an entire month of my housing while I'm volunteering with the inner-city kids for the next few months. So, if you would consider forgoing that Starbucks this afternoon, your blood sugar levels and I would be forever grateful.)

If you don't contribute? Well, I'll keep writing anyways. I gotta follow Curtis '50 Cent' Jackson on this one: I'm gunna get rich or die bloggin'.

2 comments:

  1. They can hit my tip jar, too. I'm a starving TEACHER for crying out loud and trying to send a teenager to college.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to point out that the a*d*d cents is just that.. cents..

    (just in case the watches of g*o*o*g*l*e are watching)

    ReplyDelete