3.19.2009

I'm in love!!!!!

.... with Godiva Chocolate. And, maybe with Big Sexy.

There has been some talk recently about whether modern men have the courage to conquer when it comes to the dirty little "L" word, whether they are willing to go to the trouble: "Men want access to women so they make the effort, or sometimes do ..."

Well, folks, I'm delighted to announce that Big Sexy MADE THE EFFORT:

(For those who don’t know the story, Jason Mattera, a.k.a the Big Sexy, had long-ago promised me a box of chocolates. After much prayer and fasting, a.k.a numerous pokes and prods by my loyal friend RSM, and, uh, myself, he finally came through. )

Also, note the gift card signed, "Big Sexy." *Cue aaawwwww.*

Aaaaand, this:


Yes, that's a Christmas tree in the background. Don't judge. It's neutral-colored which means it's an acceptable piece of home decor year-round. And, yes, I would know. Home design is my schtick.

And my mouth is open either a) because I was just that excited or b) I was getting ready to take a bite, box and bow and all. I can't be sure. I was overcome by euphoria.

Anyway, boys: the moral of the story? Sometimes you don't need courage to conquer. All you need is chocolate.

6 comments:

  1. Well played, Signorina Logan. The steady march of chocolate based gifts to your door has begun.

    And might I add a most humbled thank you kindly. It's rather unusual for me to be in midst comment to look to my right and see my nom de blog. Actually this would, umm, be the, ahhh, first time, so thanks, yeah, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Clever S.

    But remember: Keep the cow in the barn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll promise to keep the cow in the barn if you'll stand guard with a pitchfork. Someone's gotta be there to keep the cow company ... or, uh, something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you got your fix! I feel the same way about a good book, but hey I teach English so what'd you expect?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your success!

    And thanks for the link. Back atcha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Next time you get him on the hook for chocolate, make him get it from Stam. You'll forget about Godiva after that.

    ReplyDelete